Convento de san antonio la cabrera

Wikipedia

The temple is located 57 km from Madrid and about two km from the town of La Cabrera (Madrid), a village accessible from the A-1 freeway. It is nestled in a rugged landscape, at 1,190 m altitude, on the slopes of Cancho Gordo, the highest peak of the Sierra de La Cabrera with an altitude of 1,564 m. It is a mountain-island of the southern slope of the Sierra de Guadarrama.

It was reformed in the 15th and 16th centuries. The place was abandoned during the Napoleonic invasion. In 1812 the Franciscans were able to reestablish themselves, remaining there until 1835, when they were exclaustrated as a consequence of the Disentailment of Mendizábal. Later, it was bought by the descendants of the painter Francisco de Goya (1746-1828).

The convent has had various uses over the centuries. It was used as an inn by historical personalities such as the Marquis of Santillana and Cardinal Cisneros and even served as a prison for the clergy for a short period of time.

The convent is made of granite masonry. Its most important architectural element is the church, which stands out for the uniqueness of its structure, if we take into account the prevailing stylistic patterns in the Romanesque of the eleventh and twelfth centuries. In spite of its small dimensions, it presents a structure of certain complexity, with five apses, three naves and a transept.

The idents

It was first consecrated to Saint Julian, and the first monastic order to occupy it was that of the rule of Saint Benedict. In 1404, the Franciscan order took over the reins of the monastery, at which time it was dedicated to San Antonio Abad.

Take the exit on the A-1 towards La Cabrera and Valdemanco at km 57. On the main road, the old N-I, which runs from Madrid to Burgos, at the second traffic circle there is a sign for the convent of San Antonio. It is located in Calle de la Subida al Convento, s/n, 28751 La Cabrera, Madrid, about 2 km from the town center, at the foot of Cancho Gordo (1564 m high), in the Sierra de La Cabrera.

Monastery of santa maría la real de valdeiglesias

The temple is located 57 km from Madrid and about two km from the town of La Cabrera (Madrid), a village accessible from the A-1 freeway. It is located in a rugged landscape, at an altitude of 1,190 m, on the slopes of Cancho Gordo, the highest peak of the Sierra de La Cabrera with an altitude of 1,564 m. It is a mountain-island of the southern slope of the Sierra de Guadarrama.

It was reformed in the 15th and 16th centuries. The place was abandoned during the Napoleonic invasion. In 1812 the Franciscans were able to reestablish themselves, remaining there until 1835, when they were exclaustrated as a consequence of the Disentailment of Mendizábal. Later, it was bought by the descendants of the painter Francisco de Goya (1746-1828).

The convent has had various uses over the centuries. It was used as an inn by historical personalities such as the Marquis of Santillana and Cardinal Cisneros and even served as a prison for the clergy for a short period of time.

The convent is made of granite masonry. Its most important architectural element is the church, which stands out for the uniqueness of its structure, if we take into account the prevailing stylistic patterns in the Romanesque of the eleventh and twelfth centuries. In spite of its small dimensions, it presents a structure of certain complexity, with five apses, three naves and a transept.

Ermita de san pelayo y san isidoro

Puede utilizar esta imagen, hasta 30 días después de su descarga (Periodo de Evaluación), únicamente para su revisión y evaluación interna (maquetas y comps) con el fin de determinar si cumple con los requisitos necesarios para el uso previsto.Esta autorización no le permite hacer ningún uso en materiales o productos finales ni ponerla a disposición de terceros para su uso o distribución por ningún medio. Si al finalizar el Periodo de Evaluación no contrata una licencia de uso, deberá dejar de utilizar la imagen y destruir/borrar cualquier copia de la misma.